THE VELO ADVENTURE COMPANY
TERMS & CONDITIONS
The Velo Adventure Company’s terms and conditions reflect our commitment to providing an excellent customer experience and are designed to be as accommodating as possible. If you do have any questions, please feel free to contact The Velo Adventure Company team.
To reserve your trip, we require a deposit of 30% per person for each trip. Once a trip is under deposit, the trip price is guaranteed unless alternate booking conditions have been noted. The Velo Adventure Company reserves the right to decline a reservation to anyone whose health or behaviour could impede the welfare or enjoyment of fellow guests.
The balance of your payment is due 60 days prior to the departure date. For reservations booked within 60 days of the trip’s departure, final payment is due at the time of booking.
Accepted Payment Methods
Payments must be made by bank transfer. If you would like to use an alternative payment method, please contact The Velo Adventure Company.
We are proud of the value of our trips. Our prices are based on double occupancy and includes taxes. Prices are based on an annually set exchange rate. In the event of uncontrollable currency fluctuation, we reserve the right to adjust our rates accordingly. Price breakdowns will not be provided since there are a variety of proprietary factors that are involved. Unless based on the exceptional discretion of The Velo Adventure Company, there is no price reduction offered for arriving late or departing early from a trip.
A single supplement will be charged to each traveller in a private room. The amount of this supplement varies depending on the trip. A single supplement is not meant to penalise solo travellers, but reflects the actual cost that is reduced for double occupancy reservations since they are sharing a room.
We encourage all travellers to purchase travel insurance to protect their financial investment. The Velo Adventure Company does not currently provide travel insurance and it is the responsibility of guests to purchase their own.
The Velo Adventure Company strictly adheres to the following cancellation policy for public tour departures and will make no exceptions.
Days prior to trip
Fee per person
25% of trip price
50% of trip price
100% of trip price
* For reservations cancelled with at least 61 days advance notice, we will apply your cancellation penalties to a future reservation – no questions asked! This credit will be valid for travel within one year of the date of cancellation.
Please note the following details regarding The Velo Adventure Company’s Cancellation Policy:
- Trip price includes anything purchased from The Velo Adventure Company directly as part of your tour, including upgrades and single supplements
- Guests who fail to provide a signed Release of Liability prior to tri departure will not be allowed to join the trip and the cancellation policy will apply.
- The Velo Adventure Company reserves the right to cancel any trip at any time for any reason. On the rare occasions when The Velo Adventure Company must cancel a trip, all tour payments received to date will be refunded, which constitutes full settlement
- The Velo Adventure Company is not responsible for any personal expenses incurred due to changes in itineraries or tour cancellations, such as prepaid hotel accommodations or airline tickets. We recommend confirming your trip with The Velo Adventure Company before making travel arrangements that might be non-refundable as well as purchasing travel insurance
- Private Tour packages may be subject to different terms and conditions as outlined in the final proposal
Due to circumstances beyond our control, The Velo Adventure Company reserves the right to make date, route and hotel modifications as needed. Every effort is made to keep changes to a minimum and our high quality is always maintained.
Travel Planning Assistance
Travel advising, including recommendations and resources from your sales and tour coordinators, are included in the price of your Velo Adventure Company tour.
The Velo Adventure Company tour coordinators take special care to recommend the best external travel organizations and properties for our guests. However, we do not guarantee these services and are not liable for issues or cancellations that may arise.
By paying your deposit and completing your Reservation Forms, you certify your agreement to the following Traveller Code:
- I have chosen a trip that suits my abilities, level of fitness, and state of health
- I do not have any physical conditions or disabilities that are a hazard to me or other travellers
- I have a valid passport and all visas, permits, certificates, and vaccinations required for travel
- I will read pre-trip materials about clothing, medical requirements, and culture-specific etiquette
- I will make sure to communicate any special requests at least 30 days prior to travel. This includes dietary restrictions, medical requirements and room preferences. I also understand that The Velo Adventure Company will do all it can to accommodate special requests but cannot guarantee they will be possible
- I will respect the laws and customs of countries visited
- I will follow environmental guidelines and regulations while on the trip in accordance with guide direction
- I will respect the rights and privacy of other trip members
- I understand that travel within a group invariably involves compromise to accommodate diverse desires, travel goals, personalities, and physical abilities of all group members. The Velo Adventure Company guides may be required to improvise and exercise good faith, use discretion and/or make decisions based upon group consensus. These decisions may not always please each individual, but are intended to satisfy the larger desires of the group
- I understand that The Velo Adventure Company reserves the right to refuse service during a tour to anyone whose health or behaviour could impede the welfare or enjoyment of fellow guests. An individual may be asked to leave a trip if the leader feels that the person's continuing participation may prove detrimental to the individual or the group
- I understand a road less travelled means access to medical facilities and evacuation services may be limited
- I understand the weather is out of The Velo Adventure Company’s control
- I will always wear a helmet when riding
- I will not wear headphones when riding and I will drink alcohol responsibly
Children under the age of 12 are encouraged to participate in a Family or Private Tour. Children aged 12 and over are welcomed to participate in our regularly scheduled tours. We are happy to assist guests traveling with children to select the best tour date for their family.
Limitations of Liability
All terms are outlined in your signed release of liability. The Velo Adventure Company is not liable for bodily injury or property damage as a result of (but not limited to): physical exertion for which a guest is not prepared; forces of nature; collisions with bicycles, pedestrians or automobiles, road conditions including or not limited to lack of shoulder and roadway surfaces affected by weather conditions; travel by plane, train, auto, boat, or other conveyance, or by bicycle, ski, horseback, foot, or other form of active or adventure travel; consumption of alcoholic beverages; civil unrest; terrorism; breakdown of equipment; high altitude; lack of or limited access to medical attention in remote locations; and the adequacy of medical attention once provided. The Velo Adventure Company is also not liable for: expenses (e.g., meals, transportation, or hotel costs) that are not specified as included in the trip cost but may be required to get to or from a trip start or end. The Velo Adventure Company reserves the right to make route and hotel modifications as necessary to improve the quality of a trip or to accommodate the comfort and well-being of guests. Guests grant The Velo Adventure Company express permission to take photographs or film records of its trips for promotional and commercial use, without remuneration. The guest agrees to assign all right, title and interest they may have in or to any media in which their name or likeness might be used to The Velo Adventure Company. Also, guests agree that The Velo Adventure Company may use any testimonials regarding services rendered for promotional and/or commercial purposes without any remuneration. The Velo Adventure Company photography within this website is copyrighted by The Velo Adventure Company and may not be reproduced without permission.